Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Pan Mee Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Pan Mee Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pan Mee Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Use Food to Boost Your Mood.
In general, people have been trained to believe that "comfort" foods are bad for the body and should be avoided. At times, if the comfort food is candy or some other junk food, this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be extremely healthy and good for you. There are a number of foods that, when you eat them, may boost your mood. When you feel a little down and are needing an emotional boost, try a couple of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be actually great at beating back depression. You need to make sure, though, that what you make includes the yolk. The yolk is the part of the egg that is the most crucial in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, the egg yolks particularly, are high in B vitamins. B vitamins can actually help you boost your mood. This is because these vitamins improve the function of your brain's neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that tell you how to feel). Consume an egg and be happy!
Now you can see that junk food isn't necessarily what you should eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try a few of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to pan mee soup recipe. You can have pan mee soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pan Mee Soup:
- Prepare 500 g of minced meat.
- Use 1/2 cup of minced garlic.
- Provide 1/4 cup of dried chilies, sliced or chopped (if using flakes, try to find some with less seeds and more chili pieces).
- You need 1/2 cup of minced onion.
- Get 1/2 cup of sliced shiitake mushrooms (preferably dried & soaked overnight. Reserve soaking liquid).
- You need 1/2 cup of dried anchovies (I prefer to grind up the anchovies using a food processor. If not available, you can replace it with some fried bacon. Please adjust salt content accordingly).
- Use 2 cups of pucuk manis (can be substituted with baby/round spinach).
- Prepare 2 of anchovy/fish bouillon cubes.
- Provide 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Provide To taste of soy sauce.
- Use To taste of salt.
- Prepare To taste of white pepper.
- You need To taste of sugar.
- You need of Optional: eggs/tofu.
- Prepare of Egg/rice noodles.
Steps to make Pan Mee Soup:
- Heat 2-3 tbsp of the oil in a soup pot. Stir fry 2 tbsp of garlic until fragrant then add the minced meat and 1/2 the anchovies. Sauté until cooked then add the mushrooms. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the meat is slightly browned. Season well with soy sauce and white pepper. You can add a few tablespoons of water/the soaking liquid from the mushrooms if it gets too dry. Remove all but 1/4 cup of the mixture and set aside..
- In the pot with the remaining 1/4 cup of the mixture, add the bouillon cubes & 6 cups of water (you can also use the mushroom soaking liquid & top up water to get 6 cups). Allow the water to come to a boil and add spinach / pucuk manis. Cook for a few minutes until the color changes to a darker green, then turn off the heat and season the soup..
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining oil. It’s ok if it seems like a lot. Once hot,sauté onions and remaining anchovies and garlic until browned and slightly crispy. Add chili and sauté for a few minutes. Be prepared for the chili to make you cough! Season with soy sauce/salt/white pepper and sugar, if desired..
- To serve SOUP VERSION: you can either boil all the noodles in a separate pot and eat all immediately or ladle some of the soup into a separate smaller pot and boil them in individual servings. Boil the noodles in the soup and add an egg/some tofu to poach in once the noodles are almost done. Ladle the minced meat/chili on top as desired.
- To serve DRY version: boil the noodles separately and once cooked, immediately mix with the toppings - minced meat & chili. You can poach an egg and add it on top.
If you find this Pan Mee Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.