Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Chicken & Rice (Khao Man Gai) Any-night-of-the-week
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken & Rice (Khao Man Gai) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken & Rice (Khao Man Gai) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Try Using Food to Boost Your Mood.
Many of us have been taught to believe that comfort foods are bad and to be avoided. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this is true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be perfectly healthy and good for us to consume. There are some foods that really can boost your moods when you consume them. If you are feeling a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Green tea is excellent for moods. You just knew green tea had to be included in this article, right? Green tea is rich in a particular amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies have found that this amino acid basically stimulates brain waves. This will improve your brain’s concentration while at the same loosening up the rest of your body. You were already aware that green tea could help you feel so much healthier. And now you are aware that green tea can help you be happier also!
So you see, you don’t need to consume all that junk food when you want to feel better! Try a few of these tips instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken & rice (khao man gai) recipe. To cook chicken & rice (khao man gai) you only need 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken & Rice (Khao Man Gai):
- Provide of Chicken Thighs- 400g chicken thighs work best as they don't dry out like breasts.
- Prepare of Chicken Stock- 1 litre this will save hours on your dish, plus this taste practically the same if you get good stock from an Asian market.
- Use of cups- Rice.
- You need of Coriander- A handful? Sorry, I don't measure the weight of my herbs.
- You need of – Big Onion.
- Use of Hainanese Chicken Paste- 2tbsp this stuff will really flavour your chicken and rice as they cook together and you can get it almost anywhere like Waitrose.
- Prepare of tsp- White Pepper.
- Take of tbsp- Dark Soy Sauce.
- Prepare of tbsp- Light Soy Sauce.
- Use of Fermented Soybean Paste – 2 big tbsp normal soybean paste works also.
- Get of tbsp- Sugar.
- You need of Chillis- As many as you like but try not to blow your head off, don't try to be a Bangkok Badboy. This also isn't really a spicy dish.
- Provide of cloves- Garlic.
- Prepare of Thumb- Ginger.
- Prepare of Optional: White Rice Vinegar- 1tbsp this is for the dipping sauce so it's all down to preference.
Steps to make Chicken & Rice (Khao Man Gai):
- 1. Start off by washing the rice in rice cooker bowl 2-3 times until no longer cloudy or milky, then fill rice cooker bowl with water until when you put your finger on top of the rice it is level with where your nail ends this always works for me but if not then just pour in 1 and a half times water to rice..
- 2. Now put the Hainanese chicken paste into the rice and mix in well..
- 3. Slice the chicken thighs into thin slices and put on top of rice then turn on the rice cooker, while the chicken rice is cooking we can work on everything else..
- 4. Next thing is the soup, begin with roughly chopping the onion and coriander..
- 5. With a big saucepan pour in your litre of stock with 1/2 a litre of water also put in the chopped onion, coriander and pepper then bring to boil. It'll be done when the onion is soft, then turn the heat off your soup is done!.
- 6. With everything cooking, we can do the sauce and finish up the dish. For the sauce, start with chopping and mincing the garlic, ginger and chillis..
- 7. In a bowl, put the minced garlic, ginger and chilli with the dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, fermented soybean paste and the sugar, now mix it all together and then loosen it with either a bit of water or the broth, also you can add the vinegar now too but I don't vibe it but it's all preference..
- 8. Now we have all the components together wait till they're all cooked and you're done, serve and enjoy!.
If you find this Chicken & Rice (Khao Man Gai) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.