Step-by-Step Guide to Make Easy Potato Leek Soup Homemade
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Easy Potato Leek Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Easy Potato Leek Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Potato Leek Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all realize that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle demands. At the end of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. A juicy, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be pleased to discover that achieving good health doesn’t have to be hard. With training you can get all of the nutrients and the exercise that you need. Here are some tips to be as healthful as possible.
Climb stairs. Instead of selecting the elevator, climb the stairs to your floor. Obviously this isn’t as possible if you work on the 25th floor of a high rise, but if you work on the fourth, climbing the stairs is a excellent way to get some exercise in. Even if you do live or work on one of the upper floors, you can still get off of the elevator early and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. Lots of people choose the easy elevator ride instead of making an efforts on the stairs. That one flight of stairs—when taken a handful of times a day—can be just the additional boost that your system needs.
There are all sorts of things that you can do to get healthy. An expensive gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose day after day that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Being intelligent about the choices you make each day is a start. Looking to get in as much physical activity as possible is another. Don’t overlook that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. You really want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to easy potato leek soup recipe. To cook easy potato leek soup you need 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Potato Leek Soup:
- Take 2 of leeks, white and pale green parts only, washed and chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of chives, chopped.
- Get 2 clove of garlic, diced.
- Provide 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 6 large of potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 4 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- Take 1 cup of half and half.
- Prepare 1 of shredded cheddar cheese to taste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
- Get 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Steps to make Easy Potato Leek Soup:
- In a pot over medium heat, cooked the leeks, onion, chives, and garlic until tender. About 5 min. Add the potatoes and broth. Cook until potatoes are tender. (About 20-25 min).
- Add half and half, and continue to simmer until it starts to thicken slightly. (About 10 min).
- Divide the soup in half and place one half in a blender. Once smooth, add back into the pot. This will help release some of the starch from the potatoes to help thicken it as well. Although if you like a chunkier soup you can skip this step..
- Add the cheese, parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Stir continuously until cheese is melted, about 5 min..
- Dish into bowl, top with some more cheese, and a sprig of parsley. Serve and enjoy :).
If you find this Easy Potato Leek Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.