Simple Way to Prepare Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup Favorite
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Discover How to Improve Your Mood with Food.
A lot of us think that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we ought to avoid them. At times, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this is true. At times, comfort foods can be perfectly nutritious and good for us to consume. A number of foods really do elevate your mood when you consume them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these.
Cold water fish are excellent if you want to be in a better mood. Cold water fish including tuna, trout and wild salmon are rich in DHA and omega-3 fatty acids. These are two things that actually help the grey matter in your brain function a lot better. It’s the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can truly help you fight your depression.
You can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are bad for you just so to feel better! Try some of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's mixed onion and tomato soup recipe. You can have sig's mixed onion and tomato soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup:
- You need of to medium white onions.
- Take of to medium red onions.
- You need of shallots.
- Provide of salad potatoes in their skins.
- You need of unsalted butter.
- Get of olive oil.
- Prepare of all purpose seasoning or to liking.
- Prepare of German mild mustard or 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard.
- Take of herbs each like parsley, coriander, dill, chervil or others to personal preference ( optional).
- Get of vegetable stock or a little less or more depending on preference.
- Use of passata (Italian style tomato juice).
- Use of of best tomato puree.
- Provide of marinated tofu or 2 German style sausages (bratwurst)very thinly sliced, or little, mini sausage meatballs.
- Provide of Chili flakes.
- Prepare of salt (optional).
- Use of chives for garnish.
- You need of fresh cream or double cream for garnish ( optional).
Steps to make Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup:
- First peel all the onions and wash the potatoes.
- Mince the onions in a blender or hand chop them very finely, chop your unpeeled potatoes into very small cubes.
- Sauté the onions and the potatoes for about ten minutes or so in the butter and olive oil , add all the seasonings and half of the stock, simmer for about 15 minutes , make sure that it not burns .add a little more stock if needed..
- Next puree the soup until it is smoother , add as little or as much of the rest of the stock until preferred thickness is achieved. Puree again until it is smooth as you like it.
- Add the passata, tomato puree and chilli flakes , season with salt if needed..
- Sauté the tofu or fry the sausages or little mini sausage meatballs in a little oil. If using the sausages slice them very thinly , sprinkle any of them over the soup just before serving. Add some chives for garnish ..
If you find this Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.