Simple Way to Prepare California 100% Whole Grain Sourdough Bread Quick
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best California 100% Whole Grain Sourdough Bread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to California 100% Whole Grain Sourdough Bread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already understand that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle requires. Going to the gym isn’t something people make time for when they get off from work. People crave salty and sweet, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You should be glad to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. With practice you can get all of the nutrients and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy.
When you go grocery shopping, be smart about it. Making good decisions when shopping for groceries means that you’ll be able to eat nutritious meals without a lot of effort. At the end of your day do you really want to deal with jampacked grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You’re going to go home and make what you already have. Fill your cabinets with healthy foods. In this way, even when you decide that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are a good deal of things that factor into getting healthy. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. You can do tiny things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Make smart choices every day is a great start. Wanting to get in as much physical exercise as possible is another. Remember: being healthy isn’t just about losing weight. You need to help to make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to california 100% whole grain sourdough bread recipe. You can cook california 100% whole grain sourdough bread using 4 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make California 100% Whole Grain Sourdough Bread:
- Prepare of Sourdough Starter.
- Use of Flour.
- Use of Water.
- Get of Salt.
Instructions to make California 100% Whole Grain Sourdough Bread:
- Day 1 Find a plastic or glass container to build, feed, and keep your starter. Mix: • 3 tbsp of starter (Sourdough starter, or build your own with 4 tbsp of flour and 2 tbsp of water – mix and store in closed container for 12-24 hours at room temperature or until you see bubbles – then use it for this recipe) • 3 tbsp of water • 3 tbsp of flour Rest: for 12 hours The starter will become active and form bubbles, and it will smell like sourdough due to the fermentation process..
- Day 2 From the previous step of day 1, you are going to take only 3 tbsp of the mixture, which is your starter. Step 1 – Mix: • 3 tbsp of starter (from day 1 starter you build) • 3 tbsp of water • 3 tbsp of flour Rest: for 5 hours Step 2 – Mix: • 3 tbsp of step 1 starter. • 1 ¼ cup of flour • 1 cup of water Just mix all the ingredients and put in a closed container and let it rest at room temperature. Rest: 12 hours (overnight will be best).
- Day 3 This is the day that you will be making your bread (yay!). I promise that at the end, the work and patience will be all worth it. After the larger starter you build before and sit for 12 hours, you are going to do the following:.
- Step 1 – Mix (just to incorporate and distribute all the ingredients – do not overmix): • 2 2/8 cups of starter (almost all the starter you prepared the day before) • 8 cups of whole grain flour • 6 1/4 cups of water (ADD ONE cup at a time and if you use white flour, you will need to adjust the water)..
- 2 ½ tbsp of salt Rest: 45 minutes (Do not make a dough, this is just to mix the ingredients together. Rest in a closed container at room temperature) It is going to look chunky like the photo:.
- Step 2 – Stretch and Fold Watch the video on YouTube titled “The Stretch and Fold technique from Peter Reinhart”. Stretch and Fold only four times the dough (for each time you do it). Put the dough back to your closed container. Rest: 30 minutes.
- Step 3 – Stretch and Fold Follow the same produce from before Rest: 30 minutes.
- Step 4 – Stretch and Fold Follow the same produce from before Rest: 30 minutes.
- Step 5 – Divide and shape the dough, then rest right before baking • Divide the dough into 2 dough pieces. This recipe will give you two loaves of bread. You can use a rectangular bake pan for this. • Shape dough. Watch video on YouTube “Bread 101 – basic white bread shaping and baking loaf”. This will give you an idea on how to shape and pan the dough. • Let the dough rest inside the pan for 1 or 2 hours, or until it has reached the top of the bake pan..
- Step 6 – Bake Bake the bread at 475 F for 45 minutes, or until dark brown on top. Let the bread cool down before cutting it. Enjoy. You could add steam to your oven by adding 1 cup of hot water to your lower rack pan and removing it after 10 minutes..
If you find this California 100% Whole Grain Sourdough Bread recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.