How to Prepare Pita Bread Chick Pea Kidney bean filling with Tzatziki sauce Quick
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Pita Bread Chick Pea Kidney bean filling with Tzatziki sauce recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pita Bread Chick Pea Kidney bean filling with Tzatziki sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pita Bread Chick Pea Kidney bean filling with Tzatziki sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Could save you Cash.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the ecosystem. Those days are over, and it seems we all realize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. The experts are agreed that we cannot change things for the better without everyone’s active participation. These modifications need to start happening, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Keep reading for some ways to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
A lot of electrical power is actually wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not operating efficiently. You can easily save up to 60% on energy when you get a new one, in comparison to those from longer than ten years ago. The right temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving energy and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F and 0F. Checking that the condenser is actually clean, which means that the motor needs to work less regularly, will also save electricity.
From the above it should be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Environmentally friendly living is not really that tough. It’s about being functional, most of the time.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pita bread chick pea kidney bean filling with tzatziki sauce recipe. You can cook pita bread chick pea kidney bean filling with tzatziki sauce using 31 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pita Bread Chick Pea Kidney bean filling with Tzatziki sauce:
- Use of Pita bread:.
- Provide of wheat flour.
- You need of flax seeds.
- Use of Salt.
- You need of lukewarm water.
- Take of instant dry yeast.
- Get of Filling:.
- Take of boiled chickpeas.
- Take of boiled kidney beans.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Use of black pepper powder.
- Get of cayenne pepper.
- Take of lemon Juice.
- You need of Salsa:.
- Prepare of tomato chopped finely.
- Prepare of onion chopped finely.
- Provide of coriander leaves chopped.
- You need of capsicum finely chopped.
- Prepare of lemon Juice.
- Get of Salt.
- You need of Black Pepper powder.
- You need of Tzatziki sauce:.
- Provide of thick yogurt.
- Prepare of finely chopped mint leaves.
- Provide of finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Take of crushed garlic.
- Take of Salt to season.
- Provide of Black pepper powder to season.
- Provide of cucumber finely grated.
- Prepare of carrot finely grated.
- Take of cabbage or lettuce leaves.
Steps to make Pita Bread Chick Pea Kidney bean filling with Tzatziki sauce:
- Soak kidney beans and chick peas for 6-8 hours. Boil them until soft and mushy..
- For Pita, prepare brine by mixing lukewarm water and yeast. Let it froth up for 5-10 minutes..
- Roast flax seeds and grind to powder.
- In a bowl add wheat flour, flaxseed powder, salt and mix well with spoon or fork..
- Add the brine and mix into a sticky dough, use some water if required..
- Cover and let the dough ferment for a few hours. It took me 2 hours on a sunny morning..
- Once the dough is fermented, lightly knead it for 1/2 a minute. Divide it into 4-6 equal parts..
- Preheat oven @200C..
- Dust with dry flour. Roll out thick discs of 1/4 inch without putting much pressure..
- Place the discs on a baking tray. Bake at the same temperature for 8-10 minutes on one side and 3-4 minutes on the other side..
- Make filling: Mix kidney beans and chick peas in a bowl, add salt, peppers, lemon juice. Mix well and set aside..
- You can also roast on a hot tawa..
- Make salsa: Mix all chopped vegetables, lemon juice, salt, pepper and set aside..
- Make tzatziki sauce: If your curd is thick, put it in a muslin cloth and hang it for 1 hour or so, the excess water will be drained..
- Wash, peel and fine grate cucumber, add 1/8 teaspoon salt and leave for 3-5 minutes. Squeeze the excess liquid and use the flesh..
- Finely grate carrot, chop mint and coriander leaves, crush the garlic pods.
- Take this thick curd or yogurt in a bowl add cucumber flesh, grated carrot, chopped leaves, crushed garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Assemble by cutting pita bread into half. Keep cabbage leaves into the packet..
- Fill with chick pea and kidney bean filling, then fill with salsa mixture.
- Serve with generous tablespoons of tzatziki sauce..
Fold the pita breads around the filling. To warm the pita breads, wrap them together in a plain paper towel. Ok, something else I LOVE, Tzatziki Sauce. In fact, I'm kinda obsessed with the stuff! I'm pretty sure it's one of the best culinary discoveries the Greek's have had As soon as they came out of the oven I was snacking on them and dunking them in the Tzatziki sauce.
If you find this Pita Bread Chick Pea Kidney bean filling with Tzatziki sauce recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.