Easiest Way to Make Chicken Souvlaki Wrap/Roll With Tzatziki Sauce Homemade
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Chicken Souvlaki Wrap/Roll With Tzatziki Sauce recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Souvlaki Wrap/Roll With Tzatziki Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Souvlaki Wrap/Roll With Tzatziki Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green Plus Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the environment. Those days are over, and it seems we all realize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some changes. This needs to happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, mainly by making your cooking area more green.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, especially if they are not working as economically as they should. If you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old models that are more than ten years old. The suitable temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving energy and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F as well as 0F. You can minimize how often the motor has to run by regularly cleaning the condenser, which will save on electricity.
As you can see, there are plenty of little elements that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. Natural living is actually something we can all accomplish, without difficulty. Largely, all it will take is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken souvlaki wrap/roll with tzatziki sauce recipe. To cook chicken souvlaki wrap/roll with tzatziki sauce you need 26 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken Souvlaki Wrap/Roll With Tzatziki Sauce:
- You need of For the Souvlaki Marinade:.
- You need of Garlic cloves (peeled).
- You need of Dried oregano.
- Get of Dried Rosemary.
- Use of Paprika.
- You need of Salt.
- Provide of Black pepper powder.
- Provide of Extra virgin olive oil.
- Get of Dry white wine or red wine vinegar.
- Use of Lemon.
- Take of Large Bay Leaf (crushed).
- You need of For the Grilled Chicken:.
- You need of boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs (fat removed & cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces).
- You need of Oil for brushing the Grill plates.
- Provide of For the wrap & toppings:.
- Prepare of Greek pita bread.
- Prepare of Tzatziki Sauce (recipe below).
- Provide of Each Red, Orange & Yellow Bell Peppers (sliced).
- Prepare of Tomato (sliced).
- Use of Red onions (sliced).
- Take of For the Tzatziki Sauce:.
- Use of English Cucumber (Grated).
- Get of Greek Yogurt or Hung Curd.
- Prepare of Garlic cloves (Peeled & Minced).
- You need of Fresh Mint Leaves (Finely Chopped).
- Get of Salt/As per taste.
Steps to make Chicken Souvlaki Wrap/Roll With Tzatziki Sauce:
- Remove fat from the edges of the Chicken. Cut into small 1.5 inch cubes. Wash the Chicken throughly under running water in a colander. Shake off the excess water. Set aside. Slice the Bell Peppers & the Onion thinly. Set aside..
- To make the chicken: Place the garlic, oregano, rosemary, crushed bay leaves, paprika, salt, pepper, olive oil, white wine/red wine vinegar and lemon juice. Pulse until well combined..
- Combine the chicken & the marinade in a large bowl. Toss to coat making sure chicken is well-coated with the marinade..
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight..
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 to 45 minutes or so..
- Prepare the Tzatziki Sauce and the other toppings in the mean time..
- When ready, thread the marinated chicken pieces through the prepared skewers..
- Cook on a preheated Indoor Electric Grill/Outdoor Grill or Grill Pan. Turn the skewers evenly to cook on all sides, about 5 minutes total. (Adjust temperature of grill if necessary). While grilling, brush lightly with the marinade (then discard any leftover marinade)..
- Transfer the chicken to serving platter and let rest for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly grill the pita bread and keep warm..
- To make the Tzatziki Sauce: Grate the English Cucumber. Squeeze out the juice completely. It should be absolutely dry. Add the Greek Yogurt/hung curd followed by the salt, minced garlic & chopped mint. Stir well. Cover tightly. Refrigerate. Use as required..
- To assemble the Chicken Souvlaki Wraps: Spread Tzatziki Sauce on the warm Pita. Add the grilled chicken pieces (take them off skewers first, of course) then add the veggies..
- Serve with Tzatziki Sauce on the side..
If Greek yogurt is unavailable, let regular yogurt drain in a fine mesh strainer lined with cheesecloth set over a bowl or the sink until thick. For tzatziki sauce, put yoghurt and feta in a bowl and blitz with a stick blender until smooth. Preheat barbecue or grill plate to medium heat. Gyros with Greek Chicken, Tzatziki and Homemade Greek Pita Flatbread – These are loaded with fresh and exciting flavors. Bland doesn't exist in this wrap, which is one of my favorite things about it.
If you find this Chicken Souvlaki Wrap/Roll With Tzatziki Sauce recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.