Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Sourdough Dreierbrot (Rye, Spelt & Wheat Bread) Homemade
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sourdough Dreierbrot (Rye, Spelt & Wheat Bread) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sourdough Dreierbrot (Rye, Spelt & Wheat Bread) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a naturally healthy and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t constantly enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. Working out at the gym isn’t something people decide to do when they get off from work. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be a chore. With practice you can get all of the nutrients and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some basic ways to get healthy.
Climb stairs. Walk up the stairs to where you live or work as an alternative to using the elevator. Obviously this isn’t as possible if you work on the 25th floor of a high rise, but if you work on the fourth, climbing the stairs is a great way to get some exercise in. Even if you do live or work on one of the higher floors, you can still get out of the elevator first and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. Lots of people choose the easy elevator ride instead of making an effort on the stairs. Even just a individual flight of stairs, when travelled up or down a few times a day–can be a great improvement to your system.
There are lots of things you can pursue to become healthy. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or restricted diets. Little things, when done every single day, can do a great deal to make it easier to get healthy and lose pounds. Being smart about the choices you make each day is a start. Looking to get in as much physical activity as possible is another. Remember: being healthful isn’t just about reducing your weight. You need to make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sourdough dreierbrot (rye, spelt & wheat bread) recipe. You can cook sourdough dreierbrot (rye, spelt & wheat bread) using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sourdough Dreierbrot (Rye, Spelt & Wheat Bread):
- Get of [Sourdough Pre-Dough]:.
- Get of rye flour (I used wholegrain).
- Get of water.
- Prepare of rye sourdough starter (or other kind).
- Take of [Main Dough]:.
- Prepare of Rye flour (I used wholegrain).
- Provide of light spelt flour.
- You need of bread flour (wheat flour).
- Get of water.
- Use of salt.
- Use of [Potato Starch Glaze]:.
- You need of potato starch, lightly toasted until light brown.
- Provide of water (4 tsp).
Steps to make Sourdough Dreierbrot (Rye, Spelt & Wheat Bread):
- In a medium, mix the ingredients for [Sourdough Pre-dough] until no longer floury. Cover with wrap and let proof for 14-18 hours at room temperature. It should be frothy, a little bubbly and have a fragrant sourdough smell (you might have to stir to check)..
- In a large bowl, mix the [Main Dough] ingredients with the finished [Sourdough Pre-dough] until it forms a workable clump of dough. (if using a standing mixer then just let that do the work).
- Knead the dough for 15 minutes until smooth. (if using the mixer, then about 10 minutes). Form into a round ball and put in a large bowl to rise covering with wrap. Let rise at room temperature about 2 hours (after 1 hour, give it an couple of kneads and return to the bowl)..
- After 2 hours, remove dough from bowl and form into an oval loaf. If you have one, dust a proofing basket (banneton) and surface of bread with potato starch. Place in basket facing down and let rise again for about 45 minutes. If you don't have a proofing basket, just dust the surface of the dough with potato starch and wrap lightly with a tea towel or bread linen, letting rise for 45 minutes..
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 250°C/480°F along with a steam tray (a shallow pan) at the bottom rack (you'll pour boiling water in later)..
- When the bread is done rising, place in on a lined baking sheet (unless you have a baking stone, then I'm sure you know what to do). Brush the surface with hot water with a silicon or pasty brush. Cut small slits along both sides of the bread to get the pattern in the photo..
- Put bread in middle rack of the 250°C/480°F preheated oven and pour some hot boiling water in the steam pan at the bottom. Bake for 50 minutes. After the first 10 minutes, remove the steam tray and lower the heat to 200°C/400°F and bake for the remaining 40 minutes..
- While the bread is baking, prepare the roasted potato starch glaze: Put the potato starch in a small pan on the stove without oil and heat for a few minutes until it turns light brown. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't get burnt. Whisk with 20 ml (4 tsp) water until clumps are gone..
- When bread is done, remove from oven to a cooling rack and immediately brush the potato starch glaze over the surface. Let the bread cool for at least 12 hours until slicing to let it develop it's full flavor..
- I like to enjoy with good butter and lightly flavored cheese!.
Hi, I would like to know if my sourdough starter after seven days that has had/has bubbles, smells like "sour", deflated, BUT never. Great recipe for Sourdough Dreierbrot (Rye, Spelt & Wheat Bread). This bread will take you on a trip to Germany! It is a very aromatic, mildly sour and denser bread with three kinds of flour (mostly rye, hence the denseness). The name "Dreierbrot" comes from the German word "Drei" which means.
If you find this Sourdough Dreierbrot (Rye, Spelt & Wheat Bread) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.