Recipe of Sourdough rye bread with spelt and wheat (Dutch oven ver.) Any-night-of-the-week
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sourdough rye bread with spelt and wheat (Dutch oven ver.) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sourdough rye bread with spelt and wheat (Dutch oven ver.) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t often enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. Going to the gym isn’t something people decide to do when they get off from work. People crave salty and sweet, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making wise decisions doesn’t have to be a chore. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some hints to be as healthy as possible.
Drink water, not alternative beverages. Sipping a soda or cup of coffee every so often won’t hurt you too badly. It is, however, a bad idea to only drink soda or coffee. Choosing water as opposed to other beverage adds to your body’s health and helps it stay hydrated. This also helps you decrease your caloric intake by hundreds of points without requiring you to buy and eat gross diet foods. Successful weight loss efforts often depend exclusively on water ingestion.
There are plenty of things you can pursue to become healthy. An costly gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. Little things, when done each day, can do a lot to enable you to get healthy and lose pounds. Make smart choices every day is a great start. Trying to get in as much physical activity as possible is another. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only signal of your health levels. You need your body to be strong too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sourdough rye bread with spelt and wheat (dutch oven ver.) recipe. To make sourdough rye bread with spelt and wheat (dutch oven ver.) you need 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Sourdough rye bread with spelt and wheat (Dutch oven ver.):
- Use of Rye Sourdough Pre-dough:.
- Take of rye sourdough starter.
- Get of rye flour.
- Use of warm water.
- Provide of Main Dough:.
- Provide of rye flour.
- Provide of bread flour (wheat).
- Take of spelt flour (or use more bread flour).
- Use of salt.
- You need of warm water (40-50°C/105-122°F).
- Provide of honey or molasses.
- Get of Optional:.
- Take of caraway seeds.
- Take of sunflower seeds.
- Get of medium sized Dutch oven pot with lid (Staub, Le creuset, etc).
Instructions to make Sourdough rye bread with spelt and wheat (Dutch oven ver.):
- Mix the ingredients for the sourdough pre-dough in a medium bowl. Cover and let the sourdough pre-dough set at room temperature for 20-22 hours. (alternatively use 160 g of active rye sourdough starter – 100% hydration)..
- Mix the the flours, salt (and caraway/sunflower seeds) in a bowl..
- In a separate bowl, mix the rye sourdough pre-dough with warm water and honey/molasses..
- Mix the dry ingredients with the sourdough mixture until all ingredients are very well mixed, 5-10 minutes. You can use your hands or a wooden spoon, etc. The dough is sticky and like a paste, so you don't need to knead it like you would other breads..
- After mixing :).
- You can keep the dough in the same bowl, then cover with plastic wrap and let proof for 60-90 minutes at 24-25°C (75-77°F). If it's quite cold, then it will take around 3 hours..
- Remove from bowl and place into a floured working space. Form into a round boule shape by folding over the edges of the dough into the center..
- Dust the shaped dough with rye flour and place fold-side down into a flour dusted proofing basket (banneton). Let rise again for about 2 hours..
- After rising, it will be significantly larger (about 1.5 times bigger).
- When nearing baking time, preheat oven to 250°C/480°F. Put a Dutch oven/Le creuset or other cast iron enameled pot into the oven while preheating..
- When the dough is ready to go and your oven is preheated, remove the pot from the oven, then carefully remove the dough from the banneton and place it into the hot pot so that the round side is now facing up..
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes (my oven is pretty weak so it takes 45 minutes. For the last 10-15 minutes, remove the lid of the pot so the crust can get a nice color..
- Let cool for a few hours or up to half a day until slicing. this will let the flavors of the bread develop further..
- It doesn't look much different, but here's the version I made with a nice schwarzbier/stout beer. It smells amazing, quite different the non-beer version..
For this reason, it tends to produce a denser bread. Rye bread comes in many shapes and sizes, and this sourdough rye bread is based on the German style "Mischbrot" using part rye and part wheat. It's a bit lighter than a full-on rye, but packed with wonderful flavor. This post may contain affiliate links, where we earn from qualifying purchases. Soft and flavorful sourdough with spices, rye and whole wheat.
If you find this Sourdough rye bread with spelt and wheat (Dutch oven ver.) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.